Monday, October 8, 2007

HW 16 -A Scobles' Manifesto is Great!

One of the web logs that I am watching is Joi Ito’s. One thing that I noticed was, Joi Ito uses a human voice in his writing. He doesn’t have professionals who edit his site or clean up his speech. For example he vents about his new purchase of a foldable bike. He speaks his mind and you can tell he is writing in a human way unaltered. “After taking it around the block, I'm glad I have it. I don't think I have the legs to control myself down steep hills yet.” As you can tell he is simply explaining his satisfaction with the product and his experiences. Joi acknowledges when he is wrong or when a plan didn’t go as imagined. He follows rule number eight that states if you screw up, acknowledge it. In one blog Joi explains that his vegan diet hasn’t worked they he was expecting, he had gained weight and got other unfavorable results. He decided he would embark on a six week Eat to Live detox program. He states he was wrong and comes up with a new plan to correct his mistakes. I would say that Joi speaks his mind and some times says things about people that are his opinion and some might not agree. He never goes over board though, which is a good thing. I would say that his blog follows the entire manifesto that Scoble has created. Scobles' manifesto is a great tool to use when creating a blog. It out lines all of the guidelines a blogger should follow.

No comments: